Right now I feel at a loss. I’m worried for the future of women and people living in poverty, and I’m not sure what to do about it.
Sometimes, when I feel discouraged, I turn to gratitude. I can always think of something I’m grateful for.
Next week is Thanksgiving. In honor of that, I’ll share share with you a list of just a few things I’m grateful for:
- The number of women of color in the US Senate quadrupled this month! (We posted an article on this on our Facebook page. I invite you to join the public Facebook group, “Global Women’s Project”, if you haven’t already.)
- Many people are feeling inspired to action right now. This gives me hope.
- I have a roof over my head, money to pay the bills, and a community of people I love (and who love me).
- The fall colors have been especially beautiful this year where I live.
This is just a start. Perhaps you’d like to take a moment right now to consider your blessings. And if you’re feeling discouraged about recent events, take the time you need to process your feelings and then mobilize. Do something to make this world a better place. Donate to your favorite charity. Write a letter. Organize a gathering of people to consider what we can do to make things better.
New Email Address and Website
We want to let you know that we’re transitioning away from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Please change our address in your contacts to email@example.com. Our website will also be undergoing some changes. Please visit us at globalwomensproject.wordpress.com
And last, I’ll share with you my current favorite pumpkin dessert recipe. It’s so easy, fast, and delicious.
Pumpkin Dessert (kind of like pudding)
- 2 cans pumpkin (or cooked pumpkin, blended)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Cook for a few minutes in a pan on the stove on low or medium heat, stirring often. Serve warm or cold.