Through this curriculum, children will learn about the country and children of Uganda, as well as about their own lives in the United States. They will have a chance to give their resources to support the work children, women, and men, are doing in Uganda. They will also have the opportunity to grow generous spirits and a feeling of connection to children around the world.
Money raised through the Children’s Giving Project will support GWP’s work with SITEAW in Uganda, which educates girls and strengthens communities, as well as our other project partners.
The Children’s Giving Project Resources include:
- An introduction to the Children’s Giving Project, Global Women’s Project, and SITEAW, our partner project in Uganda (.doc) (.pdf)
- Five stories to use during children’s story or other times to connect children with the theme (.pdf)
- Five pictures to accompany each story: 1) map of Uganda 2) Sister Stella 3) women of SITEAW 4) Sister Stella and child 5) dancing together
- A bank decoration (to be printed, cut out, and taped or glued on a re-purposed can or jar) (.doc) (.pdf)
- A book cut-out (to help mark how much has been contributed)
The Children’s Giving Project Theme Song: “We are the People” sung by Sister Stella, founder of SITEAW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WklKN7aRarY
Please let us know if you are planning to use these resources so we can keep your initiative and congregation in prayer. When completed, we’d love to hear about your experience! (email@example.com). Please write a check for your collected contributions to:
Global Women’s Project
1451 Dundee Ave.
Elgin, IL 60120
Thank you for your support!