Lead Sunday school for kids and/or adults with a thought-provoking game.
- If you’re in a church context, consider beginning with a hymn or prayer (click for ideas).
- Call the group together in prayer, such as:
We gather in this sacred space in the midst of God’s mystery and wonder,
in a blessed but broken world.
As we gather before the Holy One,
Who calls each of us by name . . . (name each person’s name)
- Go around the room and introduce yourselves with name and a check-in phrase or tidbit.
- If you already know everyone, say a word or phrase about your mood/spirit as you gather.
- Hymn (such as Brothers and sisters of mine) or prayer (click for more ideas).
- With a big jar (or paper version), commit to a luxury tax with a simple ritual of writing it down and putting it in the jar.
- Go around the room and each person share, “One question that I’m pondering is…”
- Turn to the person next to you and thank them for sharing sincerely today.